Tuesday, May 19, 2009

After reading "THE POOR SCHOLAR'S SOLILOQUY" I find it very fascinating how the students can view "education." The last line says it all..."dad sez I can quit school when I'm 15, and I'm sort of anxious to because there are a lot of things I want to learn how to do and as my uncle sez: I'm not getting any younger." School teachings just have no significant value of importance to Stephen as other "real-world" items and events are way cooler!!! Stephen is a smart kid but just not interested in the "book-smarts" crap the school is trying to teach him. Stephen is interested in other things...like diesel engines and trucks...he's a guy!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, your comment, "Stephen is a smart kid but just not interested in the 'book-smarts' crap the school is trying to teach him." It is an interesting choice of words to describe a curriculum and not the teaching.

    ReplyDelete